As part of building my niche site, one of the things that I’ve faced constantly is google dance. The past few months has been a huge learning curve in terms of off page and on page SEO. I’ve got to agree that getting a page to rank high in SERP’s is not a easy task. It requires a lot of patience and effort. Currently, the keyword I’m targeting ranks at position 11 (page 2 of SERP’s) and for a while it goes to position 10 (page 1) and flows back to position 11. There are times it also goes out of google SERP’s and then come backs to position 11, all this is a google dance and it keeps taking place when you build up a lot of backlinks.
So, what Exactly is Google Dance?
Google dance is a fluctuation in SERP’s that a new or existing site goes through. For a new site, the fluctuation is because of the reason that the google is figuring out where to place your new site. While, for an existing site – this seems to happen when you do a lot of SEO work in terms of backlinking. I’ve experienced that gaining too many links in too little a time leads to a lot of fluctuation in SERP’s.
Although nothing concrete can be said on how to avoid the fluctuations, one of the best known ways is to have a diverse backlink profile. You can build a diverse backlink profile by using the following methods:
- Blog Commenting
- Web 2.0 Article
- Article Directories
- Article Marketing through Article Networks
- Social Bookmarking
Note – These are just few of the many methods you can follow, you can read how to build backlinks for more backlinking methods
I also wanted to inform you that I’ve followed the above including using a link magnet to build backlinks to my niche site and im still on position 11…still pursuing to solve the mystery behind high google ranking..hopefully the path will be shown to me someday.
Top 10 Search Terms
- google dance url
- how long does google serp dance
- serp dance following links
- serps fluctation meter
- why is my google seo fluctuating
You Should Also Check Out
- Pinging Your Backlinks for High Google Ranking
- Article Marketing for Link Building
- Google Search Operators to find CommentLuv, KeywordLuv & DoFollow Blogs
- SEO: Is Article Marketing an SEO Strategy
- SEO: How Long Before Backlinks Show Up in Google
- How Many Backlinks Required for Google Pagerank?
- How to Build Backlinks To Your Site
- Link Building: Diminishing Marginal Utility of Links
- Does Keyword Research Actually Work?
- Importance of Keywords in SEO