In one of our earlier posts we mentioned how you can make money online using Google AdSense. Today, we decided to take the plunge and try out Google AdSense on our blog. The first step towards placing AdSense ad units on your blog is to create them. Since, this took a while to understand – we decided to create a post to help all first timers go through the process of creating their AdSense Ad units more easily.
5 Easy Steps to Create AdSense Ad Units for Your Blog
Step 1 -> Login to Google Adsense with your Gmail Account. If you do not have an account you can sign up for one
Step 2 -> Click on AdSense Setup Tab & click on AdSense for Content as shown below
Step 3 -> In this step, you will need to select if you would like to go for Ad Unit or Link Unit. if you’re going for Ad Unit , you have the following options:
- Text & Image Ads (default)
- Text Ads only
- Image Ads only
For the purposes of this Tutorial, we will go ahead with selecting Ad Units – Text & Image Ads (Default)
Step 4 -> In this step, you need to select various ad formats & color of Border, Title, Background, Text & URL. This would depend on what requirement you have for your blog. We would suggest that you select colors that actually blend with your theme
Once you select options of your choice, you can also do a preview of the same.
Step 5 -> In this step, you can choose up to five custom channels to track the performance of this ad unit. Although, we would suggest that you do not worry about this and leave it blank if you’re just starting off.
Step 6-> The last step, you need to name your ad if you wish to and click on submit to get your code
The code you get will need to be pasted on your blog to make Google AdSense functional
Do let us know if you enjoyed this tutorial and if it helped you create your first AdSense Unit. Feel free to contact us to if face any problem while creating AdSense Ad Unit.
Top 10 Search Terms
- how to create ad unit in adsense
- create ad unit ad sense
- tell me how to create new ad unit
- step by step tutorial to show video ads on adsense
- requirements and steps to create adsense
- how to make an advertisement adsense
- how to create your first ad unit with google adsense?
- how to create google adsense ad unit
- how to create an adsense ad unit
- how to create an ad on adsense
You Should Also Check Out
- How To Enable Your WordPress Blog For Mobiles
- How to Add & Embed YouTube Video in WordPress Blog Post
- 10 Surefire Ways To Increase Blog Traffic
- How to Get Search Engine Traffic To Your Blog
- How To Use Mind Mapping For Blog Post Ideas
- How To: Register Domain Name at $4.95 only
- How to Add BuySellAds Code in Thesis Theme
- How to Install a WordPress Plugin Via FTP
- How to Stop Tracking Your Own Visits with SiteMeter
- Tutorial: How to Disable Post Revision in WordPress