In my last post we discussed on how to delete post revision in WordPress. This is only a temporary solution which deletes all post revisions on your previous posts.
If you’re not a multi author blog and would like to disable post revision feature in WordPress for good, here’s a small tutorial for you
How to Disable Post Revision in WordPress
Step 1 -> Locate you wp-config.php file which is in the root of WordPress installation. It can be found through the file manager of cpanel of your web hosting
Step 2 -> Locate the file wp-config.php and can click on edit
Step 3 -> Now add following line in wp-config.php file immediately after <?php tag as shown below
Here is the code for you
Step 4 -> Now save wp-config.php file in your WordPress root directory and you should be done.
Note - If you’re interested in limiting the post revision, you should use the below code. This limits the post revision to 3, you can use any number of your choice.
The above two codes will ensure that either your future post revisions feature is disabled or limited. Do let us know incase you face any problems and we shall help you out
You Should Also Check Out
- Tutorial: How to Delete Post Revisions in WordPress
- How to Add & Embed YouTube Video in WordPress Blog Post
- How to Manually Upload and Install a Plugin From Your WordPress Dashboard
- How To Use Mind Mapping For Blog Post Ideas
- How to Install a WordPress Plugin Via FTP
- How To Submit Your Sitemap to Yahoo
- How To Enable Your WordPress Blog For Mobiles
- How to Stop Tracking Your Own Visits with SiteMeter
- 10 Killer Tips to Reduce Your Site’s Bounce Rate
- How to Get Search Engine Traffic To Your Blog